The Octagon Coach – Article 4
“Are You Ready for a Coach?”
After reading about Coaching, Emotional Intelligence, other coaching articles in the business and general press, you may feel you are ready for a coach. Answering some of the following questions, may help you get an idea if you are ready to be coached:
- Do I have a particular goal or issue to focus on?
- Am I willing to work with the coach to collaborate on identifying the necessary steps to reach my goals?
- Am I receptive to listening to what the coach has to say; being accountable?
- Am I committed to starting, stopping or changing behaviors?
- Can I make a minimum 3-month commitment to allow time to build the relationship and measure progress?
- Do I understand that coaching is not therapy?
- Am I ready to make an investment in myself and pay a coaching fee?
Self-awareness is the key element in coaching, emotional intelligence, and resilience factor models. Answering these questions will help you know if you are ready to get a coach and work with one.
Article 5. Getting a Coach, Making Choices
Article 6. Honoring Who You Are
Article 1. Thinking of Getting a Coach? What, Why, Who When, How?
Article 2. What is Coaching? A Coach?
Article 3. Why Get a Coach?
Michael J. Negrón, MBA
President & CEO
Consultant · Coach · Facilitator
Trainer · Speaker
The Octagon COACHING Model